Wed, Dec 13|
Doric Room, 8th Floor
Mariners Stated Communication : Dec 2023
The speaker will be W. Aaron R. White Title: "The Tyranny of Memory".
Time & Location
Dec 13, 2023, 7:00 PM – 8:20 PM
Doric Room, 8th Floor, 71 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10010, USA
About the Event
MASONIC CURRICULUM VITÆ FOR AARON RAMSON WHITE
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Graduated from William Allen High School in 1988
- Graduated from Muhlenberg College in 1992 with Honors in History
- Completed Master of Business Administration Degree at Lehigh University in 2008
- Currently employed as an IT Project Manager at Exelon Corporation
- Earned Project Management Professional credential from the Project Management Institute in 2005
- Made a Master Mason in Jordan Lodge No. 673 in March 1992
- Served as Worshipful Master of Jordan Lodge (Now Jordan-Martin Lodge) No. 673 in 1998 and 1999
- Served as Warrant Worshipful Master of The Kite & Key Lodge No. 811 in 2007 and 2015
- Served as Chaplain of The Kite & Key Lodge from 2008 through 2013 and in 2016
- Serving as Treasurer of The Kite & Key Lodge No. 811 since 2016
- Chairman of Lodge Burns Supper Committee from 2007 until 2017
- Listed on the Grand Lodge website as an approved speaker on several topics
- Served as Vice President of the Tenth Masonic District School of Instruction 2011-2012
- Received Twenty-Five Year Service Emblem in 2017
ALLENTOWN MASONIC TEMPLE ASSOCIATION
- Serving on the board of the Allentown Masonic Temple Association since 2014
- Served as Vice President from February 2017 through November 2018
- Served as chairman of the Finance Committee from February 2017 until July 2020
- Served as President from November 2018 until July 2020
PENNSYLVANIA LODGE OF RESEARCH
- Served as Worshipful Master of the Pennsylvania Lodge of Research in 2014
- Presented three papers in the Pennsylvania Lodge of Research, two of which were published in the Transactions
ROYAL ARCH CHAPTER
- Exalted a Royal Arch Mason in Jordan Chapter No. 203 in November 1993
- Conferred the Mark Master Mason Degree in 1994
- Served as Most Excellent High Priest of Jordan Chapter No. 203 in 1999 and 2004
- Served as Secretary of Jordan Chapter No. 203 from 2005 until 2016
- Currently serving as Most Excellent High Priest of Jordan Chapter No. 203 in 2023 (third term)
- Served as Grand Principal Sojourner of the Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of Pennsylvania in 2007 and 2008
- Served as Grand Almoner of the Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of Pennsylvania from 2017 through 2020
- Served as Instructor for the Fourth Capitular District School of Instruction from 2014 through 2017
- Became a Companion of the Triple Triangle at the gold level in 2015
- Made an honorary member of the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Texas in 2016
- Made a William Ball Fellow by the Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of Pennsylvania in 2020
- Completed the Capitular Academy of Research and Education (CARE) program in October 2022
- Served as Warrant Senior Warden of The Albion Mark Lodge No. 402 in 2010
- Served as Worshipful Master of The Albion Mark Lodge No. 402 in 2011
- Served as Trustee of The Albion Mark Lodge No. 402 from 2015 to 2018 and currently serving as Trustee of The Albion Mark Lodge No. 402 since 2021
- Served as Treasurer of The Albion Mark Lodge No. 402 from 2019 to 2021
- Currently serving as Junior Warden The Albion Mark Lodge No. 402
- Made Select Master Mason in Allen Council No. 23 in 1994
- Served as Thrice Illustrious Master of Allen Council No. 23 in 2008-2009
- Initiated into the Pennsylvania Council of Anointed Kings in 2008
- Made an honorary member of the Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Texas in 2016
- Appointed Representative at the Grand Council of Royal and Select Master Masons of Pennsylvania for the Grand Council of Scotland, Royal, Select and Super-Excellent Masters in September 2022
- Received the Order of the Temple in Allen Commandery No. 20 in November 1993
- Served as Commander of Allen-Beauceant Commandery No. 20 in 2004-2005
- Made an Illustrious Knight of the Triangle in 2007
ALLIED MASONIC DEGREES
- Invited to membership in Lux ex Tenebris Council No. 176 in 1994
- Served as Sovereign Master of Lux ex Tenebris Council No. 176 in 2004
- Served as Secretary-Treasurer of Lux ex Tenebris Council No. 176 from 2005 to 2010
- Served on the Grand Council Committee on The Red Branch of Eri in 2013
- Exemplified Knight Commander of the Red Branch of Eri Degree at Masonic Week in 2014, 2015, and 2016
YORK RITE COLLEGE
- Invited to membership in William Allen York Rite College No. 176 in 2002
- Served as Governor of William Allen York Rite College No. 176 in 2013-2014
- Served as Director of Work of William Allen York Rite College No. 176 from 2016 to 2017
- Received the Order of the Purple Cross by the York Rite Sovereign College of North America in Louisville, Kentucky, in August 2015
THE COMMEMORATIVE ORDER OF SAINT THOMAS OF ACON
- Invited to be a primus member of Novum Eboracum Chapel No. 51 in 2005; served as Primus Herald
- Completed the Canterbury Pilgrimage in November 2007
- Served as Primus Almoner of Jordan Chapel No. 77 (Now Jordan Chapel No. 15 under the Grand Master’s Council of the United States of America) in 2008
- Served as Worthy Master of Jordan Chapel No. 77 in 2011-2012
- Currently serving as Secretary of Jordan Chapel No. 15 since 2012
- Served as Provincial Grand Herald of the Provincial Grand Council of the United States of America from 2011 until 2015
- Served as Primus Assistant Grand Marshal of the Grand Master’s Council of the United States of America from 2015 to 2017
- Served as Grand Marshal in 2017 to 2022
- Made an honorary member of Saint Bernard Chapel No. 28 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in April 2016 after assisting in the chapel’s consecration.
- Made an honorary member of Intermountain Chapel No. 27 in Twin Falls, Idaho in May 2016 after assisting in the chapel’s consecration
- Made an honorary member of Saint George Chapel No. 30 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in June 2017 after assisting in the chapel’s consecration
- Made an honorary member of Nutmeg Chapel No. 29 in Wallingford, Connecticut in July 2017 after assisting in the chapel’s consecration
- Made an honorary member of Thomas Becket Chapel No. 31 in Dallas, Texas in July 2017 after assisting in the chapel’s consecration
- Made an honorary member of Rosslyn Chapel No. 33 in Memphis, Tennessee in November 2019 after assisting in the chapel’s consecration
- Served as Primus Right Eminent Provincial Grand Prior of the newly constituted Grand Preceptor’s Council for Pennsylvania in 2017
- Served as Right Worthy Grand Preceptor of the Grand Preceptor’s Council for Pennsylvania from February 2018 through November 2019
- Invested a Knight Caritas in February 2019
- Currently serving on the Board of General Purposes of the Grand Master’s Council.
- Made a Knight Mason at site in 2007 by then Most Excellent Great Chief Owen Henry
- Elected to membership in Penn Council No. 13 in 2007
- Currently serving as Junior Knight of Penn Council No. 13
GRAND COLLEGE OF RITES
- Fellow since 2004
MASONIC ORDER OF THE BATH OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Member since 2004
- Appointed to High Council in 2012
- Served as Most Honorable Commander-General in 2017-2018
RED CROSS OF CONSTANTINE
- Invited to membership in Mary Conclave in 2004
- Served as Puissant Sovereign of Mary Conclave in 2022
SOCIETAS ROSICRUCIANA IN CIVITATIBUS FOEDERATIS
- Invited to membership in Pennsylvania College in 2017
- Received Grade 1 (Zelator) at the Annual High Council Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky in November 2017
- Received Grade 2 (Theoricus) in Pennsylvania College in December 2022
- Received Grade 3 (Practicus) in Pennsylvania College in March 2023
- Currently serving as Medalist of Pennsylvania College
ANCIENT AND ACCEPTED SCOTTISH RITE
- Made a Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret, 32° in the Valley of Allentown in 2005
- Coroneted an Honorary Sovereign Grand Inspector General, 33° in Washington, DC in August 2013
- Served on the Valley of Allentown sound committee from 2005-2008
- Served on Valley of Allentown make-up committee from 2008-2012
- Serving on Valley of Allentown registration committee since 2012; serving as chairman since 2015
- Served as Most Wise Master of Bethlehem Chapter, Rose Croix in 2011-2012
- Served as Trustee of the Valley of Allentown from 2013 to 2019 (Vice-Chairman of Board of Trustees from 2015 to 2019)
- Elected an Honorary Member of the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite for the Republic of Cuba in March 2019
SOVEREIGN ORDER OF KNIGHTS PRECEPTOR
- Made a Warrant Member of Sovereign Grand Preceptor’s Chapter in 2005
- Served as Preceptor of Sovereign Grand Preceptor’s Chapter in 2016
- Appointed to the progressive line of the Grand Chapter in 2017. Currently serving as Grand Master of Templars
- Made a plural member of the Pennsylvania Chapter in 2018
ROYAL ORDER OF SCOTLAND
- Invited to membership in the Provincial Grand Lodge of the United States of America in 2005.
- Served as screening committee chairman for Pennsylvania in 2010.
THE WORSHIPFUL SOCIETY OF FREEMASONS (THE OPERATIVES)
- Became a member of Saint Lawrence Seaway Assemblage in Ottawa, Ontario in 2007.
- Received V° in 2008.
- Founder member of Bryn Athyn Quarry Assemblage in Allentown in 2008.
- Served as Treasurer of Bryn Athyn Quarry Assemblage from its constitution in 2008 until 2010.
- Received VI° in 2010.
- Served as Deputy Master Mason of Bryn Athyn Quarry Assemblage in 2013-2014.
- Made an honorary member of La Paz Quarry Assemblage (La Paz, Bolivia) after assisting with its constitution in March 2012.
- Made an honorary member of Basílica de San Francisco Assemblage (La Paz, Bolivia) after assisting with its constitution in March 2012.
- Made an honorary member of Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Paz Assemblage (La Paz, Bolivia) after assisting with its constitution in March 2012.
- Founder member of Washington Monument Assemblage in Washington, DC in 2015 and served as Primus Deputy Master Mason in 2015-2016.
- Exalted to VII° in 2016.
- Appointed to serve as Super Intendent of Work of Washington Monument Assemblage in 2016-2018.
- Appointed to serve as Regional Super Intendent of Work of the United States of America Region 2016-2018.
- Currently serving as Deputy Master Mason V° of the United States of America Region since 2018.
- Received the Distinguished Service Award from the Grand Master Masons in November 2018.
- Made an honorary member of Serpentine Barrens Quarry Assemblage (Trenton, New Jersey) after assisting with its constitution in November 2018.
MASONIC ORDER OF ATHELSTAN
- Instructed into the order in Grand Court in Radlett, UK in September 2010.
- Warrant Member of Susquehanna Court No. 74 in Allentown in 2011.
- Served as Worshipful Master of Susquehanna Court No. 74 in 2016-2017.
- Appointed Provincial Grand Sword Bearer of the Provincial Grand Court of the United States of America in February 2017.
- Appointed Past Grand Banner Bearer by the Grand Court in August 2021.
- Assisted in the constitution of Bloody Run Court No. 127 in Bedford, Pennsylvania in June 2018.
ANCIENT AND MASONIC ORDER OF THE SCARLET CORD
- Received Grade 1 in February 2009
- Received Grades, 2, 3 and the President’s Ceremony in February 2010.
- Participated in the conferral of the President’s Ceremony in February 2011.
- Received Grade 4 in February 2012.
MASONIC ORDER OF PILGRIM PRECEPTORS
- Received and Advanced in The Triple Triangle Conclave No. 26 in June 2019.
KNIGHTS OF THE YORK CROSS OF HONOUR
- Invited to membership in Penn Priory No. 6 in 2011.
- Elected to plural membership in Philadelphia Priory No. 12 in 2017.
- Currently serving as Herald of Philadelphia Priory No. 12.
LEHIGH VALLEY JOSHUA ASSOCIATION
- Life Member since 2004.
- Served as President in 2015-2016.
ORDER OF DEMOLAY
- Initiated in Allentown Chapter in 1984.
- Senior DeMolay since 1988
- Received the DeMolay Legion of Honor in October 2017.
MASONIC BLOOD CLUB
- Donated over twelve gallons for Masonic Blood Club.
ORDERS OF CHIVALRY AND OTHER NON-MASONIC HONORS
MOST VENERABLE ORDER OF THE HOSPITAL OF SAINT JOHN OF JERUSALEM
- Appointed to the Order by HM Queen Elizabeth II in April 2012
- Invested as a Member of the Order in Washington, DC in November 2012
ORDER OF THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PORTUGAL
- Created a Knight of the Royal Order of the House of Portugal by HRH Dom Duarte Pio de Bragança, the Duke of Bragança, heir to the throne of Portugal, in April 2013.
- Created a Knight of the Order of Saint Michael of the Wing by HRH Dom Duarte Pio de Bragança, the Duke of Bragança, heir to the throne of Portugal, in June 2023.
ROYAL ORDER OF THE CROWN OF EGYPT
- Created a Commander of the Royal Order of the Crown of Egypt, a chivalric order of the former Royal Household (Muhammad Ali dynasty) of Egypt in 2009.
CITY OF LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
- Received the Freedom of the City in May 2013.
OTHER CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
- Member of Valley Forge Chapter, SAR
- Served as President of Valley Forge Chapter in 2013 and 2014.
MILITARY ORDER OF FOREIGN WARS
- Member of Philadelphia Commandery, MOFW.
NUMISMATIC AND ANTIQUARIAN SOCIETY OF PHILADELPHIA
- Served as Secretary since 2015 through 2018
- Currently serving as President since 2021
- Currently serving on the board of the Philadelphia Chapter since 2022
- Served on the Explorers Club Annual Dinner Committee in 2022-2023
PENN CLUB OF PHILADELPHIA
- Currently serving as Secretary
RACQUET CLUB OF PHILADELPHIA
LEHIGH COUNTRY CLUB
BURNS SOCIETY OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK
LEHIGH POCONO CHAPTER, AMERICAN MENSA
- Life member since 2019
THE PENNSYLVANIA SOCIETY
- Life member since 2017
TRAVELERS’ CENTURY CLUB
- Provisional member since 2017, full member since 2019